What is a Firebrand Azure Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship?
Apprentices will develop into Azure Infrastructure Technicians, responsible for maintaining or expanding their organisation’s infrastructure services on Azure.
Azure Infrastructure Technician apprentices support internal and external customers, resolving virtual and on-premise queries. They’ll develop into the organisation’s Azure experts, able to quickly resolve issues and maintain productivity for the business.
Apprentices will learn virtual machine administration, including how to use Microsoft Azure Portal and PowerShell. They’ll also learn how to plan and create Azure virtual machines, deploy web/mobile apps, and manage storage/security accounts.
Typical careers: Azure Infrastructure Technician, Helpdesk Technician, 1st or 2nd Line Support, IT Infrastructure Technician & Azure Network Support
How are employers involved?
- Employing an apprentice for a fixed 15 month contract to progress them beyond their existing skills
- Creating a position that will give apprentices an opportunity to work alongside IT professionals and learn the skills outlined in the Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Dedicating an internal mentor to coach, organise and support the apprentice throughout their learning
- Working closely with Firebrand Training to build the best training programme
- Helping their apprentice with their final assessment programme to achieve all of their learning outcomes in the Infrastructure Technician Trailblazer Standard
- Supporting other expenses required during the learning programme - including travel and additional learning
- Paying their apprentice the recommended minimum wage of £200 per week.
What qualifications can Infrastructure Technician apprentices achieve?
- Apprentices are independently assessed at the end of their programme to achieve the Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship at a Pass, Merit or Distinction grade
- They'll be assessed by Firebrand against Ofqal-regulated Knowledge Standards.
- Employers can buy additional exam vouchers, so apprentices can achieve more vendor certifications when they've gained the relevant work experience
- Apprentices will be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
How will Firebrand help?
- Our programmes are fully customisable - so we'll help tailor your programme to suit both employer and apprentice
- We'll designate a Programme Facilitator, who'll guide and support employers, mentors and apprentices throughout the programme
- We run courses throughout the year, meaning training can be scheduled around the progress of apprentices and their job role
- Travel and expenses are kept to a minimum, due to our residential and fully inclusive training
- Because we've delivered 100s of Tech Industry Gold Trailblazer apprenticeships already, we make things efficient and easy - leaving you to concentrate on apprentice needs and development
7 steps to being a Firebrand Apprentice employer
- Identify whether you're recruiting for a new role, or if you'd like to develop existing staff
- Choose a mentor for your apprentice - they'll be responsible for the programme’s success within your organisation.
- Confirm the mentor understands the Infrastructure Technician Occupational Brief and can identify roles and responsibilities where the apprentice can learn and experience the knowledge standards required.
- Choose your employer contribution, which determines how much the government will additionally contribute
- Identify the type of accelerated training courses you see your apprentice taking
- Complete your Employer Declaration, where you'll create your job advert if you're hiring someone new
- If we're advertising your vacancy, we'll source the best candidates for you with our free, fast recruitment process
Your Azure Infrastructure Technician programme
Apprentices on this programme will develop into Azure Infrastructure Technicians, able to deploy, manage, and configure Microsoft cloud services. They’ll get experience implementing Azure Active Directory, including extending on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure.
Azure Infrastructure Technician apprentices will also use their extensive Azure knowledge to problem-solve and troubleshoot customers, providing expert support when it’s needed.
Customise your IT apprenticeship programme
Your Azure Infrastructure Technician programme is fully customisable, so you can change it to suit you as an employer or apprentice. In the table below, we've pre-selected the most popular Firebrand courses that align to the Occupational Brief in the government Standard for this apprenticeship. You can substitute these for optional courses up to the same value, where the same Knowledge Standards are covered.
Courses with Knowledge Standards highlighted in red cannot be substituted.
- Working knowledge of: a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Understands maintenance processes and applies them in working practices
- Understands the similarities, differences and benefits of up-to-date hardware available
- Understands and applies the basic elements and architecture of computer systems and business IT architecture
- Understands the relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- Understands the similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- Understands how to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Understands the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and their role within it
- Understands the similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- Understands and complies with business processes
- Working knowledge of business IT skills relevant to the organisation
Five reasons the Azure Infrastructure Technician Firebrand Apprenticeship is for you
- Train with a Tech Partnership Gold Provider. Our programmes are designed and accredited by industry employers to deliver world-class tech training
- Certify at twice the speed. With our accelerated training, apprentices can spend longer in the workplace putting their certifications into practice
- Customise your programme. It's up to you which courses you choose for your programme to make it as relevant as possible for your business
- Free recruitment service. We'll find candidates for the job and ensure they've got all the right skills for your role - at no extra cost
- All costs are included. Our training includes all accommodation and food costs, plus transport to and from the nearest train station