What is a Firebrand Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Apprenticeship?
This framework has been replaced by Firebrand's Network Engineer standard. See the programme here.
The apprentice will develop into the role of Network Engineer - learning how to design, install, maintain and support communication networks within an organisation or between multiple organisations. They will understand network configuration and administration, the cloud and monitoring tools; and be able to give technical advice and guidance.
On the two-year programme; the apprentice will learn the principles of networking, protocols and associated technologies, and how to:
- Install and configure network components; including switches, routers and firewalls
- Monitor, test and optimise network systems and performance
- Troubleshoot network issues and repair faults in hardware, software and the network
- Undertake system upgrades to network hardware, software and operating systems
Typical Careers: Network Technician, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator
Five reasons the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Firebrand Apprenticeship is for you
- Train with a Tech Partnership Gold Provider. Our programmes are designed and accredited by industry employers to deliver world-class tech training
- Certify at twice the speed. With our accelerated training, apprentices can spend longer in the workplace putting their certifications into practice
- Customise your programme. It's up to you which courses you choose for your programme to make it as relevant as possible for your business
- Free recruitment service. We'll find candidates for the job and ensure they've got all the right skills for your role - at no extra cost
- All costs are included. Our training includes all accommodation and food costs, plus transport to and from the nearest train station