What is a Firebrand Azure Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship?
Azure Cyber Security Technologists apply an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect an organisation’s systems and people. Azure Cyber Security Technologists will additionally specialise in cloud platform and infrastructure security.
With technical knowledge of cloud security, all apprentices will work to achieve required security outcomes in a legal and regulatory context. They’ll develop and apply a practical knowledge of information security to deliver Microsoft Azure solutions that fulfil an organisation’s cloud security requirements.
Typical job roles: Cloud Security Architect, Enterprise Cloud Security Architect, Cyber Operations Manager, Security Architect, Penetration Tester, Security Analyst, Risk Analyst, Intelligence Researcher, Security Sales Engineer, Cyber Security Specialist, Information Security Analyst, Governance & Compliance Analyst, Information Security Assurance & Threat Analyst, Forensics & Incident Response Analyst, Security Engineer, Information Security Auditor, Security Administrator & Information Security Officer
How are employers involved?
- Employing an apprentice for a fixed 16-24 month contract to progress them beyond their existing skills
- Creating a position that will give apprentices an opportunity to work alongside IT professionals and learn the skills outlined in the Cyber Security Technologist Standard
- Dedicating an internal mentor to coach, organise and support the apprentice throughout their learning
- Working closely with Firebrand Training to build the best training programme
- Helping their apprentice with their final assessment programme to achieve all of their learning outcomes in the Cyber Security Technologist Standard
- Supporting other expenses required during the learning programme - including travel and additional learning
- Paying their apprentice the recommended minimum wage of £250 per week.
What qualifications can Azure Cyber Security Technologist apprentices achieve?
- Apprentices are independently assessed at the end of their programme to achieve the Cyber Intrusion Analyst Apprenticeship at a Pass, Merit or Distinction grade
- They'll achieve one vendor certification as defined in the Cyber Security Technologist Standard and will also be assessed by Firebrand against Ofqal-regulated knowledge modules.
- They'll be assessed by Firebrand against Ofqal-regulated Knowledge Standards.
- Apprentices will be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
How will Firebrand help?
- Our programmes are fully customisable - so we'll help tailor your programme to suit both employer and apprentice
- We'll designate a Programme Facilitator, who'll guide and support employers, mentors and apprentices throughout the programme
- We run courses throughout the year, meaning training can be scheduled around the progress of apprentices and their job role
- Travel and expenses are kept to a minimum, due to our residential and fully inclusive training
- Because we've delivered 100s of Tech Industry Gold Trailblazer apprenticeships already, we make things efficient and easy - leaving you to concentrate on apprentice needs and development
7 steps to being a Firebrand Apprentice employer
- Identify whether you're recruiting for a new role, or if you'd like to develop existing staff
- Choose a mentor for your apprentice - they'll be responsible for the programme’s success within your organisation.
- Confirm the mentor understands the Cyber Security Technologist Occupational Brief and can identify roles and responsibilities where the apprentice can learn and experience the knowledge standards required.
- Choose your employer contribution, which determines how much the government will additionally contribute
- Identify the type of accelerated training courses you see your apprentice taking
- Complete your Employer Declaration, where you'll create your job advert if you're hiring someone new
- If we're advertising your vacancy, we'll source the best candidates for you with our free, fast recruitment process
Your Azure Cyber Security Technologist programme
The primary role of an Azure Cyber Security Technologist is to apply an understanding of Azure expertise, cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect an organisations’ systems and people.
Customise your IT apprenticeship programme
Your Azure Cyber Security Technologist programme is fully customisable, so you can change it to suit you as an employer or apprentice. In the table below, we've pre-selected the most popular Firebrand courses that align to the Occupational Brief in the government Standard for this apprenticeship. You can substitute these for optional courses up to the same value, where the same Knowledge Standards are covered.
Courses with Knowledge Standards highlighted in red cannot be substituted.
You can also add additional courses, to which the government will contribute two-thirds of the cost. If those courses don't align to Knowledge Standards, you would need to write a statement justifying why the apprentice needs this knowledge in their job role. Each Knowledge Standard must be covered in the programme, so ensure that the courses you choose cover all Knowledge Standards.
- Security Introduction
- Network and Digital Communications Theory
- Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Five reasons the Azure Cyber Security Technologist Firebrand Apprenticeship is for you
- Train with a Tech Partnership Gold Provider. Our programmes are designed and accredited by industry employers to deliver world-class tech training
- Certify at twice the speed. With our accelerated training, apprentices can spend longer in the workplace putting their certifications into practice
- Customise your programme. It's up to you which courses you choose for your programme to make it as relevant as possible for your business
- Free recruitment service. We'll find candidates for the job and ensure they've got all the right skills for your role - at no extra cost
- All costs are included. Our training includes all accommodation and food costs, plus transport to and from the nearest train station